Tuesday 19 October 2010

Twinkle little star

"Mum, how many lines of symmetry does a star have?". It was seven o'clock in the morning and I hadn't even had my first sip of coffee yet. "Do you mean a four point or a five point star?" I answered.

"Five point star... It's five isn't it mum? It's five lines of symmetry isn't it?". "Yes, it's five lines of symmetry" I replied.

Fortunately there were no questions about quantum physics like last time.

Later in the day the educational psychologist phoned to talk about the IQ test my son had done (the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children). The results were astounding - It turns out that I have a gifted child on my hands.

We finally know the reason why he is so restless in the classroom - he is bored out of his mind!

Now there's just that little question about his lacking social skills.

My mother finally decided to contact me again after three months of silence. I was privileged enough to receive a Facebook friend request with a 'Happy Birthday' message (three days after my birthday).

I'm not sure how I feel about that - except for that I don't really want to talk about it.

I had a wonderful refreshing walk around Semsvannet this morning. It made me realize how much I really like my life right now - just as it is.

2 comments:

  1. - So sorry we haven't been able to connect since you moved... hang in there... Dying for a cup of coffee with you. xxx Tree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks my friend - hope to see you soon x

    ReplyDelete