Sunday 4 December 2011

Late Update

We had a meeting with the 'overlege' (psychiatrist) at BUP a month ago. I was supposed to bring contrarian with but I misunderstood and went alone.

I was under the impression that we were about to be signed out of the system with ADHD. That means no more tests just an annual follow up once a year. Our general practitioner can then give us the subscription drug Medikinet.

The doc was asking about our routines and what contrarian does after school etc when she suddenly said "it occurs to me that you still have to prepare him a lot for any change in routine".

We discussed how the medicine had in no way changed his intolerance for change in his routine.

The doc decided that she was not happy signing him out yet and she wants to see him again in December.

For the past month contrarian has not plaid with his friends after school. I asked the teacher if anything was going on but he said contrarian was very sociable at school. Last week he suddenly started visiting his friends after school again. I can only assume it was a 'phase' he was going through.

I did receive an email from school asking me to please talk to contrarian about taking his jacket and shoes off in the hall. He holds on to his jacket for dear life and won't let it out of sight.

I had a chat to him about it. Quite simple actually.

I said: "Contrarian, the school phoned today"

Contrarian: "Yes?"

"They want you to take your jacket off just like the other children have to".

Contrarian: "Oh...."

"If you can hang your jacket in the hall at home then you can do it at school!"

Contrarian: "Yes........"

"If you don't then there'll be no Wii games on Saturdays!".

Contrarian: "I'll hang my jacket in the hall like the others".

Sorted!

No comments:

Post a Comment