Tuesday 23 November 2010

One step forward - two steps back

We were doing so well. The last 2 weeks have just been beyond expectation.

Then - yesterday...... My little contrarian came off the buss first - singing about something or other.

We chatted about this and that - I noticed that the two little neigbour girls (who have been the cause of all stress) were walking in front of us. Now and again they would turn and look at us.

Just before we arrived at our house one of the girls walked up to me and said:
"Du?" (a Norwegian version of 'excuse me', maybe not as polite as the English version).
"Contrarian, has been bothering me on the buss today - he swears at me and tells me that if I tell you he is going to kill me".

I looked at her in astonishment. Firstly because I had noticed that she was sitting nowhere near him on the buss (he was in the front behind the buss driver) and since they are not allowed to get out or move from their seats - I'm not sure how he would have found the opportunity to do this.

Secondly because - well, he is weird but he has never acted aggressively unless he thought that somebody has hurt him on purpose.

Still, who am I to argue with her experience. I assured her that I would talk to my boy and that she need not worry about him hurting her because I wouldn't allow it.

My boy assured me that he had not even spoken to the girl never mind sworn at her.

Last time we had an incident like this I withdrew his privileges and then I got a phone call from school informing me that the whole thing was grossly exaggerated and that he had not hurt anybody.

I wrote an email to the school informing them what had been said and asked them how I should deal with the situation. Maybe something happened at school that triggered this off.

We wait and see.....




No comments:

Post a Comment