Thursday 24 May 2012

Time to stop the medication

It's been a difficult week. Contrairan is weepy and difficult to communicate with. Every attempt ends with him sobbing.

A lot is happening at the moment. Cycling test, national day parade  a new assistant teacher at school, we are packing because we are moving house next month and he will be flying to South Africa to visit his real dad for the summer holidays (the first time flying without me).

My contrarian seems overwhelmed by fear, the world is out to get him.

So I let him unpack all the boxes that I packed. We have agreed to stop the medication for a couple of weeks so that he can avoid the stomach ache. And tonight he can sleep on the sofa in in our bedroom.

Today we had taco's for the second day in a row - his favourite and then we went for a cycle.

For a boy who didn't want to cycle at all - he did pretty well.

I'm concerned about the side effects of the medication. No sleep and constant stomach ache can not be good for a 10 year old child. Have decided to go back to natural alternatives.



2 comments:

  1. Poor kid! I'd be stressed out, too, with everything y'all have going on at the moment. How are *you* doing, my friend?

    I'm really sorry to learn that his medication is making him feel so sick---that's terrible. I hope he copes well enough without his meds and also that he does well on his cycling test! Take care, both of you. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle. He is doing great at the moment. He didn't do the cycling test, fortunately he didn't have to do the cycling test. xx

    ReplyDelete